Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Gray Dining Room



I love the look of gray dining rooms - super chic and I was pretty much over the red dining room we had in our old house. When we moved in, this dining room was pale blue. Very hard to match up with furniture unless you go all french country off-white. Seeing as though ours was a dark brown, and I wasn't ready to sell it, I needed to work it, as Missy Elliot said.

I painted the top part of the walls a deep gray, and painted the mouldings too. That was more laziness than design, but I think it turned out okay. The chandelier is Currey & Co., and the mirrored console is Zuo Modern. The china cabinet was purchased at an antique mall for...wait for it....$130. TA-dow.






The caped fiddler picture I did myself with gray and white charcoal on regular paper. I had done it for an art class back in college and finally put it in a proper frame. My friend Pritish should still have the only other art I have produced hanging in his living room.
Here is a full view of my dining room:


Here are some pictures of other grey dining rooms that inspired me!
























No comments:

Post a Comment