Friday, June 18, 2010

Master Bedroom Built-Ins


I don't have a ton of storage in our master bedroom, even though there are two closets and well-organized, they are small. So, I love the idea of doing built-ins in the bedroom. Most people think about built-ins in the kitchen obviously, or in the living room with books, but why not in the bedroom for additional closet space instead of a mass of dressers?

Here are some images of great built-ins in bedrooms. I'm planning on doing something similar when I have ten grand to spare, of course. I love the idea of having the TV incorporated, either a flat screen or behind doors like an armoire.

These are obviously kitchen built-ins, but I love the chicken wire over them and the bench inbetween!



If you're on a budget, these look simpler without any doors but still capture the concept.








1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of built ins! I live in NYC where the apts are usually really tiny with small closets and scream out for storage options. I found a really great DIY project that create great built-ins. Check it out here http://www.younghouselove.com/2008/02/over-our-heads/?cp=4#comments

    Haven't tried it yet but soon!

    Rie

    ReplyDelete